The Good Guru
List of Herbs as Per Their Action/Efficiency
• Anti-Oxidan: Sage leaf, Turmeric, Amla, Spirulina, Astragalus, Brahmi, Holy Basil, Moringa
• Rejuvenate: Shatavari Root, Sage, Barley Grass, Turmeric, Amla, Astragalus, Brahmi, Holy Basil
• Anxiolytic: Shatavari Root, Ashwagandha, Amla, Brahmi, Gotu Kola, Rhodiola root
• Minerals & Vitamins: Rose Hips, Kale, Barley Grass, Turmeric, Amla, Spirulina, Maca, Holy Basil, Fenugreek, Moringa
Efficiency Of The Herbs
• Sage Leaf, Salvia Officinalis: It's an excellent source of vitamin K besides vitamin A, C, E, Zinc, Copper plus plant based polyphenols, improves brain function and memory. The oestrogen like properties reduce menopausal symptom. It regulates sebum production in the skin. Increases insulin sensitivity and monitors blood glucose. The antimicrobial properties neutralise microbes and maintain oral and dental health
• Rose Hip, Rosa Canina: It's loaded with Vitamin C, A, E, B-complex, minerals like Iron, Zinc, Silicon, Potassium, Phosphorus, Sulphur, Calcium, Selenium, Manganese, Magnesium, Organic compounds such as pectin, beta-carotene, lycopene and lutein. Flavonoids and fatty acid, GOPO (galactolipid) has an anti-inflammatory effect. The bio-active compounds act on oxidative stress. It lowers bad cholesterol (LDL), enhance immunity and improve bone health.
• Shatavari Root, Asparagusracemosus: It is high saponins and has other compounds like racemofuran, racemosol, asparagamine, known antioxidants. It has diuretic action and increase magnesium levels in urine that prevents stone formation. It keeps the sugar under check
likely, by stimulating insulin production. Heals ulcers of G.I tract, has compounds with strong anti-depressant abilities, work on female hormonal imbalances and has anti-aging effect by preventing collagen breakdown.
• Barley Grass, Hordeumvulgare: It's a power house of rich nutrients like vitamin A,B-complex, C, K, E, Iron ,Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc. The abundant chlorophyll and beta-carotene has liver detoxifying effect and boost immune system. Its alkaline nature curb the acidosis damage. The presence of glutamic acid controls the cravings.
• Rhodiola Root, Rhodiola Rosea: It falls under the classification of adaptogen, making it useful in fighting fatigue, stress, anxiety, depression and improving the mental capacity. It also has a significant contribution in enhancing the exercise performance.
• Spirulina, Arthrospiraplatensis: This wonder herb is also known as the super foods in greens. Due to highest concentration of chlorophyll, it has an outstanding detoxification action. It’s the best protein source along with antioxidants nutrients such as Vitamin (A,K,E,B,C), Folate, Chlorophyll, Beta Carotene, essential fatty acids and minerals like Magnesium, Manganese, Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Zinc. It has an impressive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects due to Phycocyanin. It also improves muscle strength.
• Black Cohosh, Actaearacemosa: A compound named, fukinolic acid has oestrogen-like properties, making it an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. It's known to be used in musculoskeletal pain, fever, cough.
• Maca Root, Lepidiummeyenii: It is one of the great sources of carbs, several important vitamins and minerals along with fibre. It improves fertility, enhances the mood and also offers skin protection due to polyphenol antioxidants and glucosinolates. It is overall beneficial for sports person.
• Kale, Brassicaoleracea: One of the most nutrient-dense, Kale, is loaded with all sorts of beneficial compounds like beta-carotene and Vitamin C, K, as well as various flavonoids (quercetin and kaempferol) and polyphenols. It contain bile acid sequestrates, which can lower cholesterol levels. It lowers the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts by the action of lutein and zeaxanthin, which are the potent carotenoid antioxidants. The electrolytes take care of maintaining the blood pressure too.
• Astragalus, Astragalusmembranaceus: Its active compounds may help strengthen the immune system and reduce inflammation. It may increase body’s production of white blood cells, which are the cells of immune system responsible for preventing illness. It Improves sugar metabolism and reduces blood sugar levels. It may help improve kidney function in those with kidney disease and also prevent infections in those with reduced kidney function. It may be beneficial at reducing symptoms of chronic fatigue and seasonal allergies.
• Gotu Kola, Centellaasiatica: Saponins is the primary active compound in this herb. It has wound healing property and improves micro-circulation. It acts as a tranquilliser. It is an anti-aging and anti-inflammatory herb. It also improves the cognitive function.
• Turmeric, Curcumalonga: One of the most powerful Ayurvedic herb with curcumin as the potent ingredient. It is rich in Vitamin C, B6, K, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese and Sodium. It has an anti-inflammatory action, increases cognitive abilities & concentration, boosts memory, has anti-coagulant properties, detoxifies liver due to scavenging action, accelerates metabolism, improves appetite and regulates blood sugar.
• Holy Basil, Ocimumsanctum: Its a source of essential oils like eugenol & camphor, along with Phosphorus, Iron, Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, Folate, Potassium, Vitamin B6, A, K. It is amongst the best Ayurvedic herb used in respiratory ailments. It has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti fungal, anti viral and adaptogen properties. It relaxes blood vessels and is a good liver tonic. It maintains oral health and flushes out the toxins of the body.
• Brahmi, Bacopamonnieri: One of the best Ayurvedic brain tonic that boosts cognitive ability besides being anxiolytic.The bacosides compound in it neutralises the free radicals.It elevates the mood, regulates the blood sugar and is also useful in respiratory ailments due to triterpene saponins.
• Amla, Phyllanthusemblica: It’s a source of purest Vitamin C along with Iron, Calcium, Alkaloids, Tanin and Flavonoids. It is the best Ayurvedic anti-aging herb that increases immunity, has anti-inflammatory action besides being a potent liver tonic. It also assists in tackling eye related problems.
• Moringa, Moringaoleifera: Another herb with rich nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, Quercetin Beta Carotene, Isothiocyanates with detoxifying property. It prevents atherosclerosis, improves digestion, has healing property, balances hormones & blood sugar. It also hydrates the skin.
• Fenugreek, Trigonellafoenum-Graecum: It has rich components like Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Selenium, Zinc, Vitamin A, C, B6, E, K, Folate. It lowers LDL cholesterol, has anti-inflammatory action, improves insulin sensitivity, has the property of blocking pain receptors and is rich in fibre.
• Ashwagandha, Withania Somnifera: It’s known for its adaptogen action and has anxiolytic effect The compounds with anolides aids in its Anti-inflammatory action. It is known for improving muscle strength and it is a brain tonic due to its concentration improvement action.